Back from my holidays and I was looking for a recipe to kick-start my baking. Found this simple and easy teatime Cardamom cake, that I had saved from Sheeba Jacob's Foodhogger. A perfect cake with hot tea or coffee!!! Just make sure to use fresh cardamom and nutmeg for a flavorful cake......
Recipe Source: Hogger & Co
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Cardamom, crushed - 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg, crushed - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Butter, softened - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 4
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Remove the shells of fresh nutmeg and cardamom and crush them into powders.
- Combine the flour with the crushed powders, salt and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Combine the softened butter and sugar together in a big bowl. Add eggs and blend together.
- Add the flour into the butter-sugar mixture and combine.
- Then add the milk and vanilla essence and beat well until smooth.
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan and pout the smooth and creamy batter.
- Bake for an hour at 180 C.
- Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar if desired.