This is a special post.....Cakes & Tales turns one this month! So, "Happy Birthday to Cakes & Tales".......And, this is my half-century post!! I can't believe I posted 50 posts....phew!! A lazy person like me needs a hell lot of motivation for baking, shooting and posting….So thanks to all who supported and encouraged me - my family (esp my kiddos), friends, followers (though, there aren't many) and to all my anonymous visitors….Looking forward for your support (in the form of comments, suggestions) in the future.....
In this 50th post, I would like to thank one special person - Shn of Kitchen Mishmash as she was my inspiration to blogging…..Her blog is one which I started following initially and admire it a lot….I have tried many of her recipes and all were a big hit! Especially her Kuttanadan Duck Roast!!!Man…that recipe is simply the best!!! I had made that for a small family get-together and everybody loved it….So in my family, it’s known as “C-mol’s Duck Roast”…But, definitely all credits to Shn…..Thank You Shn for inspiring me with your blog…..
The school is closing next week and we (me & kids) are taking a short-break…but I am already in a holiday-mood now!! So, to celebrate this milestone, I created a simple dessert of my own…Na, na...I would rather say ‘made up’ a dessert of my own….So here’s a toast to Cakes & Tales and to it’s readers!!!
Recipe Source: My Own
Mascarpone Cheese - 200 gm
Amul Cream - 200 ml
Rum/Brandy - 1-2 tbsp
Icing Sugar - 2-3 tbsp
Fruit Cake & Marble Cake - 2 slices each
- Slice the cakes (depending on the shape of the dish used) and place it on the bottom of the dish.
- Put the mascarpone cheese and cream in a bowl and using an electric beater, beat together until smooth. Sift the icing sugar into the mixture and beat again until well mixed.
- Pour the rum/brandy and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour the frosting on the top of the cake and chill.
- Before serving, decorate with grated chocolate.
Notes: 1. Since I used a square dish for the dessert, the cakes were sliced vertically.
2. You could use vanilla essence or instant coffee instead of rum/brandy.
3. Since I had fruit cake and marble cake (bakery-brought), I used both for making the dessert. You can used simple chocolate cake or brownies.
Dish it out hosted by Foodomania