Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
for all lovely Parents!!
This post is dedicated to all the Parents in the world (including myself)....Well, I never baked this cupcake for Parent's day...In fact, I never knew it is Parent's Day today, I came to know about it through FB and so thought of dedicating my cupcakes to this particular Day.....
I don't know how many of you have read my profile in "About"...There I said baking is therapeutic for me and it was true in this case!!When I baked this cupcake yesterday, I was stressed out with severe headache....But once done, I was completely relaxed....
Recipe Source: Baking...made simple by Parragon Books
Butter - 4 tbsp, softened
Brown sugar - 1 cup
Peanut butter - 1/3 cup
Eggs - 2
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
All-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/3 cup
Cream cheese - 1 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp, softened
Confectioner's sugar - 2 cups
- Put the muffin paper cases in the muffin pan.
- Put the butter, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together for 1-2 minutes or until well mixed.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Then add the vanilla essence.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and then using a metal spoon, fold them into the mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cases. Bake the cupcakes in a preheated oven, 180 C, for 25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- To make the frosting, put the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl and using an electric hand whisk, beat together until smooth. Sift the confectioner's sugar into the mixture, then beat together until well mixed.
- When the cupcakes are cold, spread the frosting on top of each cupcakes, swirling it with a round-bladed knife. Store the cupcakes in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- I used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. However, the frosting is completely optional.
- Use crunchy peanut butter for more flavor.